Hire a Student | MENTORSHIP PROGRAM
Mentor a Student, Make a DifferenceESG is looking for employers to participate in our ‘Beautiful Futures’ program by providing a 12-week work experience mentorship in an entry-level position to a participant. Beautiful Futures is funded by the Government of Canada. This program trains participants in technical and employment skills, and provides work experience opportunities to youth aged 15-30 years old that are keen on joining Alberta’s beauty industry.
Why participate as an Employer?
- A substantial wage subsidy is available for employers throughout the 12-week work experience. Employers are encouraged to continue working with youth after project completion should they wish to do so.
- Your participant will be certified and apt to provide services in the focus skill.
- Prior to their paid work experience with you, your participant will have spent eight (8) weeks with ESG acquiring employment skills such as Time Management, Conflict Management, Teamwork, Customer Service, etc.
- In the same way issues can arise with any other staff members, ESG can help you integrate your participant to your team using a solution-focused approach.
PURPOSE OF WORK EXPERIENCEWork experience is a main component of the participants’ professional development.
1. To provide a service-oriented and educational experience where participants have the chance to apply skills learned at ESG.
2. To provide opportunities for participants to develop customer service skills.
3. To help participants advance their awareness of Alberta’s Beauty Industry.
4. To provide a practical experience where participants’ employment skills and personal suitability to the industry can be demonstrated and evaluated.
5. To provide learning opportunities including possible on-the-job training.
THE ROLE OF THE EMPLOYERThe role of the employer/supervisor includes the following responsibilities:
1. Provide an orientation to the workplace, and ongoing information as needed.
2. Select appropriate tasks or projects for professional development purposes.
3. Provide other learning experiences, including staff meetings, where the participant will integrate with the rest of your team and feel a sense of belonging to their new team.
4. Provide regular supervision, including ongoing feedback about the participant’s performance.
5. Act as a professional mentor.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND OTHER FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONSClick HERE for FAQs including eligibility criteria to participate as an employer.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?Interested in participating as an employer? Apply OnLine to participate in this program Executive Spa Group 201, 10518 82 Ave. NW Edmonton, Alberta (780) 604 2772 executivespagroup.com
Trackback from your site.
The author, Silvia Sanchez, graduated from the University of Alberta with a B.A. in Psychology and has over 15 years of experience in the career-consulting field.