beautiful futures,beautiful futures - employers,beauty industry,career development,employers,employment supports,esg,FAQs,funding,government of Canada,hire a participant,hiring employees,job vacancies,skills link,skills training,staff,yeg
FAQs for Employers interested in participating in ‘Beautiful Futures’
Do I get to keep my participant after the Work Experience is over?
Participants are expected to complete a minimum of 35 hours of work per week. Once participants begin their work experience with you, they become your employees, however, ESG will provide support as needed for the first 12 weeks. Support may include ways of working through attendance/punctuality issues, communication, teamwork, client care, etc. However, keep in mind that participants will have received 8 weeks of employability workshops prior to their placement with you, so these issues should not be expected.
How can my participant help me around my facility?
Well, besides industry certification in the technical focus, your participant has also been trained in Reception and Spa Assistant duties to free you from administrative duties while you develop your ideas.
What if my participant misses hours of work?
Like all other employees, missed shifts/hours are not paid to the participant. Though this is not expected, should this happen ESG can only help resolve issues if we are made aware of issues in a timely manner.
How does the Wage Subsidy work?
The wage subsidy is an incentive for employers to hire and train a participant to work for them. The new employee’s wages are partially subsidized by the program for 12 weeks, as long as the employee is working 35 or more hours per week. If eligible, the wage subsidy available is $6 per hour throughout the 12 weeks.
The goal for both the employer and the participant is long-term employment. Wage subsidy provides wage relief during the initial period where you train your new staff to become functional in your facility.
Are all employers eligible for the Wage Subsidy?
To be eligible for the wage subsidy, you must:
- Be a registered business with a legal business name and business number
- Have been in business for at least one year
- Offer a full-time position with a minimum on 35 hours per week
- Offer the likelihood of long-term employment
- Pay reasonable, competitive wages
You are not eligible for a wage subsidy IF participants fill a position that:
- Was left vacant due to an industrial dispute in your workplace
- Was left vacant due to a lay-off waiting to be recalled
- Was terminated to instead employ a participant
Who pays the participant?
- You will issue regular paycheques on paydays; ESG will reimburse the negotiated amount on a monthly basis
- You will be required to submit monthly reports to ESG regarding the employee’s hours and wages.
- Once a participant starts their work experience with you, they officially become your employee. Therefore, please ensure that your business insurance covers all employee-related liability.
- You are responsible to deduct Canada Pension Plan, Employment Insurance and Income Tax will from participant wages and remit to the Canada Revenue Agency, just like your other employees.
Interested in participating as an employer?
Apply OnLine to participate in this Program
alberta,beautiful futures - employers,beauty careers,beauty industry,beauty jobs,employees,government of Canada,hire a participant,staffing,wage subsidy,yeg
Thanks to all of our Beautiful Futures mentors who guide and shape the beauty careers of Canadian youth!
Mentor a Student, Make a Difference
ESG is looking for employers to participate in our ‘Beautiful Futures’ program by providing a 12-week work experience mentorship
in an entry-level position to a participant.
Beautiful Futures is funded by the Government of Canada. This program trains participants in technical and employment skills, and provides work experience opportunities to youth aged 15-30 years old that are keen on joining Alberta’s beauty industry.
Why participate as an Employer?
- A substantial wage subsidy is available for employers throughout the 12-week work experience. Employers are encouraged to continue working with youth after project completion should they wish to do so.
- Your participant will be certified and apt to provide services in the focus skill.
- Prior to their paid work experience with you, your participant will have spent eight (8) weeks with ESG acquiring employment skills such as Time Management, Conflict Management, Teamwork, Customer Service, etc.
- In the same way issues can arise with any other staff members, ESG can help you integrate your participant to your team using a solution-focused approach.
PURPOSE OF WORK EXPERIENCE
Work experience is a main component of the participants’ professional development.
1. To provide a service-oriented and educational experience where participants have the chance to apply skills learned at ESG.
2. To provide opportunities for participants to develop customer service skills.
3. To help participants advance their awareness of Alberta’s Beauty Industry.
4. To provide a practical experience where participants’ employment skills and personal suitability to the industry can be demonstrated and evaluated.
5. To provide learning opportunities including possible on-the-job training.
THE ROLE OF THE EMPLOYER
The role of the employer/supervisor includes the following responsibilities:
1. Provide an orientation to the workplace, and ongoing information as needed.
2. Select appropriate tasks or projects for professional development purposes.
3. Provide other learning experiences, including staff meetings, where the participant will integrate with the rest of your team and feel a sense of belonging to their new team.
4. Provide regular supervision, including ongoing feedback about the participant’s performance.
5. Act as a professional mentor.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND OTHER FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
for FAQs including eligibility criteria to participate as an employer.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?
Interested in participating as an employer?
Apply OnLine to participate in this program
Executive Spa Group
201, 10518 82 Ave. NW
(780) 604 2772