alberta,allergan,beauty industry,botox,canada,esg,executive spa group,onabotulinumtoxinA,working with botox
So you want to work with botox injections and fillers…The popularity of cosmetic injections continues to grow immensely. The social media buzz over the treatments have helped them to become some of the most in demand treatments offered at dermatologist offices and medispas. First let’s take a look at these treatments and some of amazing things they can do:
BOTOX and DYSPORTThese are the two most widely used products that are erasing lines and wrinkles around the world. Prior to 2009 BOTOX® was the industry-leading injectable and go-to choice for establishments offering injections. Dysport launched in the summer of 2009 and has since been in direct competition with BOTOX. DYSPORT has surprisingly enough been holding it’s own and has become a serious contender in the battle against aging. These products both work by temporarily relaxing the muscles responsible for causing expression lines. The effect generally last anywhere from 3-6 months. Let’s take a look at some facts:
- BOTOX® Cosmetic is a trademarked product manufactured by a pharmaceutical company, Allergan Inc. Anyone who offers botox injections in their medispa is a consumer of this product, and the client in turn, is a consumer of the medispa.
- Allergan is the biggest manufacturer of onabotulinumtoxinA (Botox).
- DYSPORT is made by Ispen Pharmaceuticals in Europe.
- Both of these companies also manufacture a wide variety of drugs including filler injectables.
FILLERSVolume, volume, volume- this is what fillers do. The most popular fillers have an immediate plumping effect and are comprised of hyaluronic acid, a natural occurring sugar protein found in the skin. Lips, cheeks and nasal labial folds are a few of the most common areas that are injected. Results are immediate and depending on the brand can last anywhere from 6 months to 1.5 years. There are many different brands to choose from and with the treatments becoming so in demand, the variety continues to grow. Fillers plump the skin from the inside out and vary in molecular size which means some are specifically designed to treat certain areas. Fillers are also a wonderful treatment for deep, indented acne scarring. Some of the most popular choices for filler are:
- Restylane and Perlane which are manufactured by Ispen Pharmaceuticals.
- Juvederm, Juvederm Volbella and Juvederm VOLIFT which are manufactured by Allergan.
- Teosyal is another popular brand which offers a variety of different fillers to choose from depending on the area being injected including TEOXANE, REDENSITY and KISS.