alberta,beautiful futures - employers,beauty careers,beauty industry,beauty jobs,employees,government of Canada,hire a participant,staffing,wage subsidy,yeg
Thanks to all of our Beautiful Futures mentors who guide and shape the beauty careers of Canadian youth!
Mentor a Student, Make a Difference
ESG is looking for employers to participate in our ‘Beautiful Futures’ program by providing a 12-week work experience mentorship
in an entry-level position to a participant.
Beautiful Futures is funded by the Government of Canada. This program trains participants in technical and employment skills, and provides work experience opportunities to youth aged 15-30 years old that are keen on joining Alberta’s beauty industry.
Why participate as an Employer?
- A substantial wage subsidy is available for employers throughout the 12-week work experience. Employers are encouraged to continue working with youth after project completion should they wish to do so.
- Your participant will be certified and apt to provide services in the focus skill.
- Prior to their paid work experience with you, your participant will have spent eight (8) weeks with ESG acquiring employment skills such as Time Management, Conflict Management, Teamwork, Customer Service, etc.
- In the same way issues can arise with any other staff members, ESG can help you integrate your participant to your team using a solution-focused approach.
PURPOSE OF WORK EXPERIENCE
Work experience is a main component of the participants’ professional development.
1. To provide a service-oriented and educational experience where participants have the chance to apply skills learned at ESG.
2. To provide opportunities for participants to develop customer service skills.
3. To help participants advance their awareness of Alberta’s Beauty Industry.
4. To provide a practical experience where participants’ employment skills and personal suitability to the industry can be demonstrated and evaluated.
5. To provide learning opportunities including possible on-the-job training.
THE ROLE OF THE EMPLOYER
The role of the employer/supervisor includes the following responsibilities:
1. Provide an orientation to the workplace, and ongoing information as needed.
2. Select appropriate tasks or projects for professional development purposes.
3. Provide other learning experiences, including staff meetings, where the participant will integrate with the rest of your team and feel a sense of belonging to their new team.
4. Provide regular supervision, including ongoing feedback about the participant’s performance.
5. Act as a professional mentor.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA AND OTHER FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
for FAQs including eligibility criteria to participate as an employer.
HOW DO I PARTICIPATE?
Interested in participating as an employer?
Apply OnLine to participate in this program
Executive Spa Group
201, 10518 82 Ave. NW
(780) 604 2772
beauty careers,career and employment centre,funding,government of Canada,Skills Link program,spa jobs,wage subsidy,whyte ave,yeg
Beautiful Futures Youth Empowerment Program
‘Beautiful Futures’ helps participants overcome barriers to employment and develop skills and attain the work experience needed to participate in Alberta’s beauty industry.
The program provides youth ages 15-30 with transferable skills necessary in any labour market, and will help them overcome barriers such as:
- Lack of work history;
- Lack of confidence and self-esteem;
- Lack of transportation;
- Lack of employability skills;
- History of unsuccessful intervention; and
- Other social factors (e.g. family situation)
‘Beautiful Futures’ has 3
During this 1st portion, you will acquire fundamental skills required for any job regardless of industry. However, our goal is to help you gain personal development, life and employment skills, and transferrable skills to take you anywhere you want to go in the beauty industry!
Learn more about career laddering in the beauty industry
2. Skill Enhancement
This portion is completed during
You will acquire technical skills.
You could be certified in
Face and Body Waxing
Manicures and Pedicures
Tinting, Lash Extensions, etc. Each intake will focus on different skills.
Funding is provided by the Government of Canada for this portion of the program.
3. Paid Work Experience
During this 3rd portion, you will gain skills and work experience in entry-level beauty industry-related jobs. Your work experience will be completed at different salons, spas, medispas, health and wellness centres, and retail outlets throughout the city. Employers in the industry will mentor you to make the best out of your work experience.
: In some scenarios, the possibility exists to turn the Work Experience into a permanent position, so make sure to impress your employer! Days of the week will vary amongst employers, but remember, weekends are busy days for the beauty industry, so be prepared to commit!
PARTICIPANT ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
- 15-30 years of age at the time of project intake;
- Must be interested in joining the beauty industry;
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident,
or have been granted refugee status in Canada;
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada; and
- Must be in need of assistance overcoming employment barriers.
HOW DO I APPLY?
You can apply ONLINE
to participate in ‘Beautiful Futures’. Thank you for your interest.