beauty careers,certification course,edmonton,esg,lash extensions,model criteria,short courses,whyte ave
AM I A CANDIDATE FOR EYELASH EXTENSIONS?
Eyelash extensions are a wonderful addition to your beauty routine.
ESG students learn proper skills and techniques by performing services on models to obtain their Lash Extensions course certification.
All services provided by ESG students are free of charge, tipping is optional.
We are primarily concerned for the health of your natural lashes and want to be certain you meet the following criteria:
Please ensure you meet the following criteria before booking your appointment:
- Your eyes are free of any signs or symptoms of infection;
- Your eyes have fully recovered from recent eye surgeries or procedures;
- You are comfortable lying down for a few hours;
- Consult your physician if you are pregnant and/or have medical conditions, in recovery from treatments, taking medications or have allergies.
Considering the items above, there may be some candidates, who experience the following factors which may not be candidates for eyelash extension services:
- Those who rub their eyes frequently –if this is from allergies or out of habit;
- Those who have highly sensitive skin – while we do carry a low-allergen adhesive, this service may cause more reactions in certain candidates;
- If you are ill or currently have allergies – if you have a cold, sinus infection, bronchitis, or flu, etc. please stay home and get well. No worries, we can reschedule your appointment for a time when you are feeling well.
- If your natural lashes are very curly – unfortunately as your natural lash grows in, the extension will lay in an unnatural direction. This may be more irritating for you, and because of this excess “wear” on the lash, the extensions will not last as long.
- If your natural eye shape is too deep inset or if your cheekbones are too high – to perform our procedure, we need to be able to effectively isolate your lower lashes from your upper lashes. This is not possible to do so on some clients with deep-set eyes or high cheekbones. Don’t be discouraged; we have a few tricks – if we can manage to get the upper and lower lashes separated, we’ll certainly apply your extensions.
- If you don’t have natural eyelashes – our extensions are placed on a natural lash; and we need your natural lash to be healthy and strong enough to support an extension. Unlike using other lash processes such as a strip or flares, we cannot create lashes where there aren’t any.
- If you have an allergy to cyanoacrylate.
Did you meet all the criteria? Book your appointment by emailing us at email@example.com
We require all models to arrive on time and be available for the entire duration of the required time. Thank you for volunteering your time!
Executive Spa Group (ESG)
201, 10518 82 Ave. NW
(780) 604 2772
beauty careers,career and employment centre,funding,government of Canada,Skills Link program,spa jobs,wage subsidy,whyte ave,yeg
Beautiful Futures Youth Empowerment Program
‘Beautiful Futures’ helps participants overcome barriers to employment and develop skills and attain the work experience needed to participate in Alberta’s beauty industry.
The program provides youth ages 15-30 with transferable skills necessary in any labour market, and will help them overcome barriers such as:
- Lack of work history;
- Lack of confidence and self-esteem;
- Lack of transportation;
- Lack of employability skills;
- History of unsuccessful intervention; and
- Other social factors (e.g. family situation)
‘Beautiful Futures’ has 3
During this 1st portion, you will acquire fundamental skills required for any job regardless of industry. However, our goal is to help you gain personal development, life and employment skills, and transferrable skills to take you anywhere you want to go in the beauty industry!
Learn more about career laddering in the beauty industry
2. Skill Enhancement
This portion is completed during
You will acquire technical skills.
You could be certified in
Face and Body Waxing
Manicures and Pedicures
Tinting, Lash Extensions, etc. Each intake will focus on different skills.
Funding is provided by the Government of Canada for this portion of the program.
3. Paid Work Experience
During this 3rd portion, you will gain skills and work experience in entry-level beauty industry-related jobs. Your work experience will be completed at different salons, spas, medispas, health and wellness centres, and retail outlets throughout the city. Employers in the industry will mentor you to make the best out of your work experience.
: In some scenarios, the possibility exists to turn the Work Experience into a permanent position, so make sure to impress your employer! Days of the week will vary amongst employers, but remember, weekends are busy days for the beauty industry, so be prepared to commit!
PARTICIPANT ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
- 15-30 years of age at the time of project intake;
- Must be interested in joining the beauty industry;
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident,
or have been granted refugee status in Canada;
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada; and
- Must be in need of assistance overcoming employment barriers.
HOW DO I APPLY?
You can apply ONLINE
to participate in ‘Beautiful Futures’. Thank you for your interest.