alberta,beauty careers,beauty industry,canada,edmonton,employment,esg,funded programs,technical training
PROGRAM COMMITMENT October 29, 2018- March 22, 2019
Beautiful Futures has 2 components:
In-class (8 weeks)
OCT. 29- DEC. 21, 2018
You will acquire fundamental skills required for any
job regardless of industry. However, our goal is to help you gain personal development, life and employment skills, and transferrable skills to take you anywhere you want to go in the beauty industry.
You will participate in Skill Enhancement on Fridays
. Exposure Certification in Manicures and Pedicures will be awarded upon successful completion of your work experience, training quotas, and passing marks on required exams.
Placement (12 weeks)
35 hours minimum/week
DEC. 31, 2018- MARCH 22, 2019
During this 2nd portion, you will gain skills and work experience in entry-level beauty industry-related or retail jobs. Work experience can be completed at different salons, spas, medispas, health and wellness centres, and retail outlets throughout the city.
ESG does not guarantee placement in the beauty industry. Beauty industry job placements are awarded to participants that show readiness, ability, and willingness to work.
ESG assesses your suitability for different types of employment throughout the classroom component.
Participants must accept the placement assigned to them and must make themselves available for work for a minimum of 35 hours per week. Completion of the Work Experience component of this course is mandatory for certification in the technical training received.
Is funding provided for this program?
Yes, funding is provided by the Government of Canada to help cover the cost of basic living expenses while obtaining employment training. Financial assistance is provided to participants throughout the classroom component on an hourly wage at Alberta’s minimum wage.
The placement component is a paid work experience. You earn a wage while completing this portion. In some scenarios, the possibility exists to turn the work experience into a permanent position, so make sure to impress your employer! Days of the week will vary amongst employers, but remember, weekends are busy days for the beauty industry, so be prepared to commit!
Do not apply if you are not prepared to work weekends! The Beauty industry thrives on the weekend and weekend work is expected of an entry-level employee.
Important note about this program
Because a wage is provided for attending this program and receiving skills training, participants are encouraged to think of the program as work. While this program is intended to help you develop personally and professionally, we have set standards of attendance and performance. Just as with any employer, we adhere to a probationary period and reserve the right to terminate your enrolment in the program if expectations are not met.
Who can participate in this program?
- 15-30 years of age at the time of class start date;
- Must be interested in joining the beauty industry;
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident,
or have been granted refugee status in Canada;
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada; and
- Must be in need of assistance overcoming employment barriers.
- Must not be working or attending a program/school
EXAMPLES OF EMPLOYMENT BARRIERS
- Lack of work history;
- Lack of confidence and self-esteem;
- Lack of employability skills; and
- Other social factors
HOW DO I APPLY?
You can apply ONLINE
to participate in ‘Beautiful Futures’. Thank you for your interest.
alberta,beauty careers,beauty industry jobs,canada,edmonton,entry-level,esthetics,face and body waxing,salon jobs,spa jobs,technical skills,technical training,training,waxing course,yeg
FACE AND BODY WAXING COURSE
Chapter 1: SANITATION, STERILIZATION AND INFECTION CONTROL
Chapter 2: CONTRAINDICATIONS AND MEDICAL HISTORY
Chapter 3: HAIR ANATOMY, GROWTH CYCLES & PATTERNS
Chapter 4: PRODUCT KNOWLEDGE
Chapter 5: TREATMENT ROOM SETUP
Chapter 6: PREPARATION ON SKIN AND HAIR
Chapter 7: PROPER WAX APPLICATION AND REMOVAL
Chapter 8: POST PROCEDURE AND HOME CARE RECOMMENDATION
Chapter 9: REBOOKING TIMEFRAME
Chapter 10: TREATMENT ROOM TAKEDOWN
NEXT START DATE: OCT 8, 2018
COURSE DURATION: 28 hrs
COURSE DELIVERY: OCT 8-11, 2018; 10am – 5pm daily
COURSE PREREQUISITE: No experience is necessary.
MODELS REQUIRED: TBA
COURSE INVESTMENT: $1499 + tax (includes tuition/materials)
This course includes:
Kit (optional): $80
COURSE DURATION: 3 hrs
COURSE DELIVERY: Week 2: Thursday 5pm – 8pm
LASH & BROW TINTING
Kit (optional): $50
COURSE DURATION: 3 hrs
COURSE DELIVERY: Week 3: Thursday 5pm – 8pm
ARE THERE GRANTS AVAILABLE FOR THIS COURSE?
Yes, if you are currently unemployed, there is a grant available for this course IF this course will lead directly to employment. You must be able to present an employment offer letter on letterhead signed by the employer indicating that certification in Face and Body Waxing is conditional upon hiring.
If you are already employed in a beauty industry job, your employer might be eligible to receive a grant to cover 2/3 of the training costs.
HOW DO I REGISTER?
To register, call (780) 604 2772 # 102. Once you are enrolled you will receive email confirmation, receipt of you deposit, and your class schedule. Please have your credit card ready as we will be taking a $500 deposit to enroll you in the course. You can also register online by clicking HERE.
EXECUTIVE SPA GROUP
beauty careers,certification course,edmonton,esg,lash extensions,model criteria,short courses,whyte ave
AM I A CANDIDATE FOR EYELASH EXTENSIONS?
Eyelash extensions are a wonderful addition to your beauty routine.
ESG students learn proper skills and techniques by performing services on models to obtain their Lash Extensions course certification.
All services provided by ESG students are free of charge, tipping is optional.
We are primarily concerned for the health of your natural lashes and want to be certain you meet the following criteria:
Please ensure you meet the following criteria before booking your appointment:
- Your eyes are free of any signs or symptoms of infection;
- Your eyes have fully recovered from recent eye surgeries or procedures;
- You are comfortable lying down for a few hours;
- Consult your physician if you are pregnant and/or have medical conditions, in recovery from treatments, taking medications or have allergies.
Considering the items above, there may be some candidates, who experience the following factors which may not be candidates for eyelash extension services:
- Those who rub their eyes frequently –if this is from allergies or out of habit;
- Those who have highly sensitive skin – while we do carry a low-allergen adhesive, this service may cause more reactions in certain candidates;
- If you are ill or currently have allergies – if you have a cold, sinus infection, bronchitis, or flu, etc. please stay home and get well. No worries, we can reschedule your appointment for a time when you are feeling well.
- If your natural lashes are very curly – unfortunately as your natural lash grows in, the extension will lay in an unnatural direction. This may be more irritating for you, and because of this excess “wear” on the lash, the extensions will not last as long.
- If your natural eye shape is too deep inset or if your cheekbones are too high – to perform our procedure, we need to be able to effectively isolate your lower lashes from your upper lashes. This is not possible to do so on some clients with deep-set eyes or high cheekbones. Don’t be discouraged; we have a few tricks – if we can manage to get the upper and lower lashes separated, we’ll certainly apply your extensions.
- If you don’t have natural eyelashes – our extensions are placed on a natural lash; and we need your natural lash to be healthy and strong enough to support an extension. Unlike using other lash processes such as a strip or flares, we cannot create lashes where there aren’t any.
- If you have an allergy to cyanoacrylate.
Did you meet all the criteria? Book your appointment by emailing us at email@example.com
We require all models to arrive on time and be available for the entire duration of the required time. Thank you for volunteering your time!
Executive Spa Group (ESG)
201, 10518 82 Ave. NW
(780) 604 2772